Friday 22 February 2013

The White Rabbit and Cocoa Wonderland

On Wednesday I got in the car and drove down to Nottingham to meet up with my friend Hannah. Hannah and I went to Nottingham Trent University together from 2005-2008 (it makes me feel so old when I say that).
Nottingham Market Square
We decided to meet at the White Rabbit Teahouse, one of my favourite places to eat. It's pretty small and intimate, so when Hannah walked in we both had to suppress squeals and settled for a hug instead, it felt like it had been such a long time since I saw her. The White Rabbit is so cute and quaint, and does the most amazing cakes. I had some of the victoria sponge and Hannah had the blueberry.
White Rabbit Menu
White Rabbit Cafe
Victoria Sponge
Tea Cup
Amazing Spoons
Afterwards we hit the shops, and rounded off the day with a tasty Annie's burger and Ginger Beer at The Navigation.
Alcoholic Ginger Beer
Pepperoni Pizza burger
Burger Time
Cocoa
Roller Derby Team
Vietnamese Chocolate
Cocoa Globe
Kate the chocolate guru
Tea time
Sophisticated
Leigh Bday cake
Coupling Coats
You would have thought that I would have eaten enough there, but oh no, I rushed back to Sheffield to meet up with the roller derby team for a chocolate tasting at Cocoa Wonderland, an independent chocolate shop and cafe on Ecclesall road.

We were doing it for Go Go as she was supposed to be moving back home to Guildford, but luckily the Sheffield ladies have her for a little while longer.

We got to try lots of delicious chocolate, learned lots about the process and history of chocolate and also had lots of laughs. I would definitely recommend it if you love chocolate, or just want to try something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment